Web Analytics

Tuesday 25 June 2013

Poricha Kuzhambu



Poricha Kuzhambu
Poricha Kuzhambu was actually new to me before my marriage. This is an dish famous in Tirunelveli. I learnt this dish from my Mother in law, . This dish is similar to a pal-ghat dish named "Molakootal". This dish is very healthy as it comprises of vegetables & only little oil is used. This is one of my hubby's favorite dish.Now lets get into the recipe of Poricha Kuzhambu.

Source : Samaithu Par by S. Meenakshi Ammal

Ingredients
  • Any Vegetables of your choice - I used Potato, pumpkin, carrots, chow chow.
  • Toor dal- 1 small cup

  • Hing- a pinch
  • Turmeric powder- 1 tbsp
  • Curry leaves
  • Salt - To taste

  • Cocunut - 1/4 cup grated
  • Jeera/Cumin seeds - 1 tbsp
  • Red chilli - 3 to 4

  • Oil - a tbsp
  • Mustard seeds- 1 tbsp
  • Urad dal- 1 tbsp

Serves
2

Cooking Time
30 minutes
Preparation Method

Cook chopped vegetables & toor dal in a pressure cooker separately.Grind the grated coconut with chillies & Cumin seeds adding little amount of water.Heat a pan add oil then splutter mustard & urad dal.


Add the cooked vegetables with required salt, turmeric, hing. Let it boil for sometime. Add the grinded paste & add cooked dal add water if necessary. Add curry leaves & bring it to boil. Serve hot.

Share your valuable comments if you feel my recipe is useful & worth sharing,
follow me in Twitter
Join me on Google plus
Pin my post on Pinterest to keep updated with new recipes on my blog..

Sending this Recipe for Gauri's event :

Check out the link of the Give away announcement in Pari's blog.

Thank you for spending your time & visiting my blog.


Share Button

No comments:

Post a Comment